LAKE HOPATCONG, NJ – John G. Vincelli, age 35, of Lake Hopatcong submitted an unauthorized life insurance application, stole money from a client and has been charged with various insurance fraud and theft related charges, authorities said.
According to the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office, Vincelli, who was an insurance producer, submitted an unauthorized application for a life insurance policy for his clients’ two children without their authorization.
The investigation revealed that Vincelli had been receiving a commission for the fraudulent
policy and also performed unauthorized withdrawals from the victims’ bank account to pay the
premium for the fraudulent policies, authorities said.
The investigation further revealed Vincelli had entered into a civil consent order in reference to a Sagicor Life Insurance Policy where Vincelli forged Insurance documentation, authorities said.
This documentation included Vincelli creating a “policy amendment” form and signing the victim’s name after a better rate could not be obtained as promised to the victim. The victim provided a statement to Sagicor Life Insurance confirming that he did not sign policy forms and that the signature on an enclosed copy was not in fact his signature, authorities said.
The defendant has been charged on a summons-complaint with the following offenses:
- 2 counts of insurance fraud, in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:21-4.6A(2), a crime of the third degree;
- 2 counts of forgery, in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:21-1a(2), a crime of the third degree;
- 2 counts of forgery-uttering, in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:21-1a(3), a crime of the third degree;
- 1 count of theft by unlawful taking, in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:20-3a, a crime of the fourth degree; and
- 1 count of theft by deception, in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:20-4a, a crime of the fourth degree.
Thanks for reading! Learn more about posting announcements or events to your local Patch site. Have a news tip you’d like to share? Or maybe you have a press release you would like to submit or a correction you’d like to request? Send an email to [email protected]