“Blockchain technology and digital finance for climate action empowerment” webinar will unite global industry leaders during the Climate Week NYC 2020. The online event will take place on September 24, 11:00 AM – 1 PM (EDT). The event is organized by GloCha Global Challenges Foundation New York, Climate Chain Coalition, Evercity and IAAI Klagenfurt. Official media partner – Cointelegraph.
The global climate emergency requires new thinking, tools and arrangements for multi-stakeholder cooperation that will empower all of society to become engaged in climate action and SDGs in a meaningful and rewarding manner. Blockchain technology and digital finance are key enablers of climate action tracking, accounting, coordination and incentivization and are therefore the theme of this virtual event in the context of the Climate Week NYC 2020, which aims to:
- Provide insights on trends and recent developments in the field of blockchain technology and digital finance for climate action.
- Provide a showcase for global leaders in digital finance and blockchain for climate action empowerment to present their work and solutions.
Keynote speakers of the event will include:
- Simon Zadek, Head, Secretariat, Secretary General’s Task Force on Digital Financing of the SDGs, Executive Office of the Administrator, UNDP),
- Andrew Eil, Focal Point, Climate Investment Platform & Climate Finance Specialist Sub-Team: Energy, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP,
- Pierre Telep, Climate Finance Mitigation Expert, African development Bank,
- Marc Taverner, Executive Director of INATBA,
- Tom Baumann, co-chair CCC & co-chair INATBA Climate Action WG,
- Xiaochen Zhang, President, FinTech4Good, Executive Council, UN ESCAP ESBN,
- Miroslav Polzer, GloCha Fdt NY & IAAI, CCC EU & D2I2 Team lead, co-focal point of the Digital Innovation Community within the UNFCCC process,
- Alexey Shadrin, Evercity.io & CCC Digital Finance Team Leader.
The discussion will be moderated by Kristina Lucrezia Cornèr, managing editor of Cointelegraph – an independent global media business with editors and journalists across the planet, reporting 24/7 for the benefit of the largest cryptocurrency and blockchain audience in the world.
This is a paid press release Cointelegraph does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company. Cointelegraph is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.