NORTH BETHESDA, Md., Oct. 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE: FRT) today announced the pricing of its public offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 1.250% notes due 2026 (the “green bonds”) at an effective yield of 1.379%, maturing February 15, 2026. The offering is expected to close on October 13, 2020, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
The company intends to allocate an amount equal to the net proceeds from this offering to the financing and refinancing of recently completed and future eligible green projects (“eligible green projects”). Eligible green projects means: (i) investments in acquisitions of buildings; (ii) building developments or redevelopments; (iii) renovations in existing buildings; and (iv) tenant improvement projects, in each case, that have received, or are expected to receive, in the three years prior to the issuance of the notes or during the term of the notes, a LEED Silver, Gold or Platinum certification (or environmentally equivalent successor standards). Net proceeds allocated to previously incurred costs associated with eligible green projects will be available for repayment of indebtedness, which may include funding the redemptions, in whole or in part, of our outstanding 2.55% Notes due 2021 and 3.00% Notes due 2022, or the repayment, in whole or in part, of our unsecured term loan, or for general corporate purposes. Pending any such applications of the net proceeds, we may invest the net proceeds in short-term income-producing investments or may use the net proceeds to temporarily repay future amounts outstanding under our revolving credit facility.
BofA Securities, Deutsche Bank Securities, J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo Securities, Citigroup, Jefferies and US Bancorp served as joint book-running managers for the green bonds. Regions Securities LLC, Scotiabank, TD Securities and Truist Securities served as senior co-managers for the green bonds.
The offering of the green bonds is being made pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement, prospectus and related prospectus supplement. Copies of the prospectus supplement and the base prospectus, when available, may be obtained by contacting:(i) BofA Securities, Inc., NC1-004-03-43, 200 North College Street, 3rd floor, Charlotte NC 28255-0001, Attention: Prospectus Department, or by email: [email protected]; (ii) Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, Attention: Prospectus Group, or by calling 1-800-503-4611 or by email at [email protected]; (iii) J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Attention: Investment Grade Syndicate Desk by calling 1-212-834-4533; or (iv) Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, 608 2nd Avenue South, Suite 1000, Minneapolis, MN 55402, Attention: WFS Customer Service, or by calling 1-800-645-3751, or by email at [email protected] Investors may also obtain these documents for free by visiting EDGAR on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
About Federal Realty
Federal Realty is a recognized leader in the ownership, operation and redevelopment of high-quality retail-based properties located primarily in major coastal markets from Washington, D.C. to Boston as well as San Francisco and Los Angeles. Founded in 1962, Federal Realty’s mission is to deliver long-term, sustainable growth through investing in densely populated, affluent communities where retail demand exceeds supply. Its expertise includes creating urban, mixed-use neighborhoods like Santana Row in San Jose, California, Pike & Rose in North Bethesda, Maryland and Assembly Row in Somerville, Massachusetts. These unique and vibrant environments that combine shopping, dining, living and working provide a destination experience valued by their respective communities. Federal Realty’s 104 properties include approximately 2,900 tenants, in 24 million square feet, and approximately 2,800 residential units.
Federal Realty has increased its quarterly dividends to its shareholders for 53 consecutive years, the longest record in the REIT industry. Federal Realty is an S&P 500 index member and its shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbol FRT.
Safe Harbor Language
Certain matters discussed within this press release may be deemed to be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Although Federal Realty believes the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be attained. These factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors described in our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on February 10, 2020 and subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and include the following:
- risks that our tenants will not pay rent, may vacate early or may file for bankruptcy or that we may be unable to renew leases or re-let space at favorable rents as leases expire;
- risks that we may not be able to proceed with or obtain necessary approvals for any redevelopment or renovation project, and that completion of anticipated or ongoing property redevelopment or renovation projects that we do pursue may cost more, take more time to complete or fail to perform as expected;
- risk that we are investing a significant amount in ground-up development projects that may be dependent on third parties to deliver critical aspects of certain projects, requires spending a substantial amount upfront in infrastructure, and assumes receipt of public funding which has been committed but not entirely funded;
- risks normally associated with the real estate industry, including risks that occupancy levels at our properties and the amount of rent that we receive from our properties may be lower than expected, that new acquisitions may fail to perform as expected, that competition for acquisitions could result in increased prices for acquisitions, that costs associated with the periodic maintenance and repair or renovation of space, insurance and other operations may increase, that environmental issues may develop at our properties and result in unanticipated costs, and, because real estate is illiquid, that we may not be able to sell properties when appropriate;
- risks that our growth will be limited if we cannot obtain additional capital;
- risks of financing on terms which are acceptable to us, our ability to meet existing financial covenants and the limitations imposed on our operations by those covenants, and the possibility of increases in interest rates that would result in increased interest expense;
- risks related to our status as a real estate investment trust, commonly referred to as a REIT, for federal income tax purposes, such as the existence of complex tax regulations relating to our status as a REIT, the effect of future changes in REIT requirements as a result of new legislation, and the adverse consequences of the failure to qualify as a REIT;
- risks related to natural disasters, climate change and public health crises (such as the outbreak and worldwide spread of COVID-19), and the measures that international, federal, state and local governments, agencies, law enforcement and/or health authorities implement to address them, may precipitate or materially exacerbate one or more of the above-mentioned risks, and may significantly disrupt or prevent us from operating our business in the ordinary course for an extended period.
Given these uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements that we make, including those in this press release. Except as required by law, we make no promise to update any of the forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. You should review the risks contained in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 10, 2020 and subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q.
Brenda Pomar, Corporate Communications Manager
301.998.8316 / [email protected]
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/federal-realty-investment-trust-announces-pricing-of-inaugural-issuance-of-green-bonds-301149082.html
SOURCE Federal Realty Investment Trust