Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in September 2020 covered limiting COVID-19 spread, engine installation, designing government buildings, Product of the Year finalists, MEP Giants revenue and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Why better ventilation is key to limiting COVID-19 spread – The Facilities Task Force at CU Boulder is improving the university’s HVAC system to prevent COVID-19 spread during the school year.
2. Basics of engine installation and operation – NFPA 37 establishes the minimum fire safety requirements for stationary combustion engine installation and use.
3. Best practices for designing electrical, power and lighting in government buildings – Learn how to specify electrical, power and lighting systems for government and military buildings.
4. 2020 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote now for the best products! Who will win gold in 2020? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 16th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
5. MEP Giants revenue increased 5% over last year – The 2020 MEP Giants gross revenue increased nearly $8 billion, while MEP/FP revenue increased $434 million compared to last year.
6. Pandemic control in high-performance buildings – High-performance building design in health care facilities may teach engineers how to design other building types.
7. Mechanical system operation, enhancement tips to reduce pandemic risks – HVAC and plumbing strategies can help reduce potential COVID-19 risks and enhance a mechanical system’s operation.
8. Engineering a safer dining experience for restaurants – Restaurants face a unique challenge because of COVID-19, but companies and consulting engineers can help by making the overall design safer and cleaner for workers and customers.
9. Building engineers are helping students safely return to school – There are many factors to consider when deciding when and how to safely open schools across the country. Four highlights from a recent ASHRAE report are highlighted.
10. What ASHRAE 90.4 does for data center energy efficiency – The design and operation of data centers continues to evolve, with ASHRAE Standard 90.4 as guidance.