The Alabama Department of Insurance has issued a bulletin providing information and directives regarding current deadlines/requirements in the Producer Licensing Division related to the COVID-19 emergency.
The Oct. 1, 2020 bulletin modifies bulletins issued on March 25, April 29, May 22, July 29, and Aug. 31 of this year and include:
- Initial license applications are expected to take approximately two weeks for review.
- The certificate of completion for any prelicensing course has been extended past the stated expiration date on the certificate to:
- Expiration dates of March 2020 are extended 120 days
- Expiration dates in April or May of 2020 are extended 90 days
- Expiration dates in June of 2020 are extended 60 days
- Expiration dates in July of 2020 are extended 30 days
- The notary requirement for a prelicensing certificate of completion has been waived through Dec. 31, 2020 for a prelicensing provider whose primary contact is working from home.
- Continuing education requirements have been changed to allow for courses approved as “Classroom,” to be offered as live webinars and CE providers can now offer those approved courses as live webinars. ALDOI said to do so, CE providers must first send a list of the courses they will offer as webinars, along with their webinar security information, to the ALDOI Licensing Division.
- ALDOI has waived the examination proctoring requirement through Dec. 31, 2020 for the Self-Study CE courses.
ALDOI said it is recommended that anyone wishing to contact the Producer Licensing Division use the “Chat” line at www.aldoi.gov Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or e-mail [email protected]
Source: Alabama Department of Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
The most important insurance news,in your inbox every business day.
Get the insurance industry’s trusted newsletter